Just in time to enjoy some fall rounds, your love of the green has extended to your children and they can’t wait to join you. Getting your children involved in golf can be a memorable, lifetime experience for both of you to share. Here are a few tips for getting your little ones involved at the course so you can be sure to have a great time together:
- If your goal is to enjoy the day on the green with your kids, find a course that is kid-friendly, not just a course that allows for children to play. Be sure the staff is kind and the other players are patient and understanding of those who are just learning.
- Ask about tee and cart fees for kids. Some golf courses charge different rates for children players, so be sure you pick a course that offers a fair price for kids who are just getting the feel for the game.
- If the little ones are still new to the game, you may want to be sure that the course offers children’s Pro Shop rentals so you aren’t spending extra money on new equipment if the kids decide their interests have changed after a few months.
- But, if the kids DO take to the game, you might want to choose a course that offers lessons so the kids will be familiar with the course staff.
- Finally, look for a course that offers a driving range and putting green. That way, you can have some special time together while practicing as well.
No matter whether your kids are new to the game or have been playing for a while, choosing the right course can be the difference between nourishing your child’s lifelong enjoyment and fond memories, or ending their interest with a short-lived, afternoon fling.
Consider looking into Buck Hill’s semi-private Golf Course. The Club offers a great deal on golfing with children and with three courses, you have variety for return visits. When you are finished with your round, putting time, or driving range fun, you can stop over to the Fairway Grille for a full menu that also features kid-friendly foods!
Contact the Buck Hill Golf Club Pro Shop for tee times: 570 595-7730.